Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Treasures



I am very sentimental and save everything. My excuse is that I will use all my little treasures in paintings someday. Yesterday I decided to get these little pill bottles and old keys out of a drawer and put them on display. They belonged to my Grandmother, who was a great believer in homeopathic remedies. I love tiny little bottles and jars.



I took another picture with a penny in it to show the scale of how small the bottles are-with tiny little pills inside! Some of the bottles still have their original boxes. I never knew my father's parents, as my parents emigrated to this country when I was very young and left their families behind. It has made my family extremely close, as we moved frequently and all we had was each other. But I like to hold objects that belonged to my ancestors and try to feel close to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment