Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gotta Paint

I couldn't imagine why I have been so grumpy lately. It is really unlike me! But then I realized that for weeks I have been scrambling to create designs for clients, and to make changes in Photoshop, etc, but I haven't had a chance to sit down at my desk and lose myself in a painting that comes just from my heart. I think I need regular trips to the "art planet" in order to feel like myself. Maybe all the ideas and inspiration just can't be kept bottled up until I have a convenient time to let them out. I always have a to-do list a mile long, but I think its important for artists to give themselves permission just to be creative. If you don't keep your mind fresh, the art won't be fresh either. So there, I've rationalized it, now I'm off to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment