Thursday, May 13, 2010

Challenges

This past year has been a time where I have faced a lot of challenges, both professionally and personally, and I feel like I am growing stronger as a result. One task I set myself was to learn how to use Photoshop, and I am so thankful that I persevered! I am a bit of a techno-phobe, and I am sure my friends got tired of me calling and asking advice and whining about how intimidating it all was! But I really think now that if you want to be involved in Licensing, a basic knowledge of Photoshop is a must. I am still using Photoshop Elements, which is so much cheaper than the full edition, but it has everything I need. And thank goodness, because today I have a new challenge. A client has asked me to design the display where my products will go, and I have never done that before!



On another note, this is a small portion of a painting I recently licensed. The client, however, didn't like the wren (he does blend in a little bit, but I do love wrens!)



Thanks to Photoshop, I was able to change the wren to this bright Blue Jay, which the client liked. A book I would recommend to someone who isn't experienced with PS is "Art and Design in Photoshop" by Steve Caplin. It is very visual and easy to follow.

Now I just have to hope the snow melts (yes, more snow!) because I am having a sample sale of my products this weekend. Wish you could all stop by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,

    I was visiting Evergreen's site yesterday pulling images of my work and saw your lovely pieces there too. Isn't PS fabulous. There's a whole world I still don't know and would love to learn, I'll have to look up the book you recommended.

    ReplyDelete