Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teacup Tuesday



It is time for Teacup Tuesday again! This time I have decided to go into full sentimentality mode. I have a lot of Blue Willow china. Way back when I was getting ready to go to college, the grocery stores were still doing things like giving away free place settings when you did your weekly shopping. So Mum gathered a full set of Blue Willow for me to take to my first apartment (which was a tiny little beach shack which was later condemned, but that's another story). I still use those plates as my everyday china, a couple of decades later. Mum and Dad thought it was fun when they were antiquing to look for blue willow bits and pieces for me, so I have lots of fun serving pieces and these nice teacups. Lo and behold, the gold rimmed plate behind ended up belonging to both my Grandmothers before it was handed down to me. My dad's mother had them first, and when she died they were given to my mother's parents.














For the photo I decided to place them on a doily that my aunt made for me and put the whole lot on the carved African chest that Mr Right had made for me as a wedding present. Isn't it fun to use such pretty things! If you want to see more teacup Tuesday offerings, head over to Martha's Favorites Blog at: http://www.marthasfavorites.com/2010/05/tea-cup-tuesday-no-14.html

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Wishing you a Happy Teacup Tuesday! Lovely teacups you've shown us today :)

    Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane!
    Is there anything sweet than blue and white Willowware! I dont think so!
    The 2nd pic will not open for me but the first one is so charming!!!
    Thank you for sharing your treasure!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blue willow is beautiful and what a wonderful story and treasure they have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, Blue Willow has always been one of my favorites! It's timeless! I collected them at the grocery store too and still have my set.

    Blessings!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Blue Willow~ Lovely. My grandma did the same and the collection went to my brother and his wife. I love using it when I go to visit! Have a wonderful week, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just something timeless and elegant about Blue Willow!!

    Beautiful!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful china, and you have shared such a lovely post with us!
    Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday, I have enjoyed visiting you.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi: What a wonderful story. I love the Blue Willow it is always a favorite. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and your china. I look forward to what you will share next week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Blue Willow. I was reaching for my first real Blue Willow at the thrift store the other day, and a woman swooped in and grabbed it out of my fingers. Sigh, better luck next time. I wish we could see more of the hand carved trunk. What a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blue willow ... and that African carved trunk. Your artwork is fabulous. Best wishes for a wonderful day. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete