Saturday, March 20, 2010

We're Back!



I know this is supposed to be an art blog, but I can't resist posting pictures of our wonderful trip to Florida. We just got back yesterday, coming home to a nasty Spring storm! We wanted to turn around and go right back again. We went to Epcot the first day. I haven't been since I was a teenager and it had first opened, and it sure is a lot different now.



We went with my brother John. He is the best brother anyone could ask for and we all adore him. He and I frequently take vacations together. We have been to Maine, Vermont, and England so far, as well as all over Florida and Colorado.



I was so excited to see one of my flags for sale in one of the Epcot gift shops! As you can see, it is one of the ones for which I just received the samples that I posted about last time. They were having a flower and garden festival so they had lots of garden themed stuff for sale, so the flags might not always be there. Still, I was thrilled, is that totally dorky of me?





We liked the World Showcase area of Epcot best. This is Paris; you can just see the Eiffel tower in the background.



We also went to Cape Canaveral to the Kennedy Space center. Here is my lovely Margaret looking at the shuttle on the launch pad. She really wants to have a career involving space or astronomy, so our main reason for going to Florida was to take her to Kennedy. There was supposed to be a shuttle launch while we were there, but it got postponed. We were so disappointed, because one of the shuttle astronauts this time is from our hometown and graduated from our high school!



So now I'm home and its back to work for me. I really want to paint lots of beach scenes and seagulls and stuff (I love shore birds), but there is lots of stuff on my to-do list before I can get to that!

1 comment:

  1. Jane, Hi! I finally got to see what you look like!!! Pretty lady!

    And YES! PLEASE POST ABOUT THE COPYRIGHT email on your blog. We only have until Wed. to get the word out.

    Blessings,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete