Monday, March 8, 2010

Today is Our Day


Today is International Women's Day. Time to celebrate how far we've come (okay, I know there are a couple of men who read this blog, but bear with me). When I told my parents that I wanted to go to art school, they thought that being an artist wasn't really a career path, but that it would be okay as I would be a housewife who just did little paintings as a hobby. Well, years later, I'm still a pretty lousy housekeeper, but my paintings are much more than just a way to pass the time! I'm so grateful that I can have an actual career (and that I don't have to wear a corset). So today I am sending much love to all the wonderful women I have worked with over the years; art directors, publishers, agents, artists and all.... okay, all you gentlemen, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment