Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TCT



It is another Teacup Tuesday, and today is cool and cloudy, just right for a nice, hot cuppa. The cup I picked for today is German and has a picture of dear little birds on it. Isn't the handle an impractical shape, though? I got this very cheaply at a flea market a while back. The stamp on the bottom is unreadable, so I can only tell you that it is from Germany. From the style of the decoration, I would date it to about 1910.



I thought I'd also show a few more of my favorite milk jugs (I actually have more jugs than cups! Maybe we should start "Milk Jug Monday".) These are all mottoware from Torquay. I have decided to focus my mottoware collecting on seaside themes, which are a bit more rare than the cottage scenes. I may live in a landlocked area, but I just love the coast!

As usual, for more teacup fun, head over to Artful Affirmations or Martha's Favorites; links are at the right.

7 comments:

  1. Jane, your tea cup is really lovely. I just adore birds on a cup and your cup has the most amazing bird on it. It is really lovely.
    Thank you so much for sharing it today.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are interesting and unique teacups to be sure; pretty as well!..,

    Happy TCT and please feel most welcome to link up with our parties and/ or even just to visit for my 45th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two'; I would love to have you drop by for a wee visit!..,

    ..,(and also the 17th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday', that I share with my dear friend Pam):
    @ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com ~ For, 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'..,

    Have a marvelous week!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :) Wishing you a wonderful & Happy Tea Tuesday!

    Warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cup is lovely. You're right that the handle is impractical, but it is so unique! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tea cup with that charming birds!
    Meeting you has been a pleasure
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you were close enough that we could drink a pleasant cup of tea together! Sweet pictures, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have quite a bit of motto ware, and it is all so unique. I did a post about it awhile back. Good idea to settle on one theme if you're going to collect, helps keep the clutter down! Nice mottoware pieces you have.

    ReplyDelete