Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Trip to Texas

I'm home now from a trip I took to Austin, Texas. It is always so inspiring to visit other places and see new scenery. I feel really recharged and ready to get back to work. While I was there, I was invited to join in with my mother's quilting bee. I was so pleased that they were enthusiastic about my new fabric line, Wilderness Park. Here I am with Kathy Goff, who has already finished piecing the quilt top! Designing fabric is still a pretty new thing for me, and I am finding it a lot of fun. I still have so much to learn, and learning new things is always a good thing.



I was able to take my next fabric line down to show off. It is called "Seaside Rendevous". It will not ship to the stores for a few months, so they were getting a bit of a preview. I'm posting a few examples here.




I have been thinking a lot about social media and how it applies to my job. I find it hard to have enough time to get all the painting done that I need, but I think I should also allocate more time to the computer. I'd like to hear what people would like from my blog, and if anyone would like it if I created a Facebook page. I like showing new work, because I am excited about that. I also like talking about how I feel about the Licensing industry, but I am hesitant to publish "how-to's", because it is different for everyone. And now, I have to decide between doing housework and painting. No points for guessing which I will choose!


















2 comments:

  1. Hi jane, I have not been to your blog in a while. This is really STUNNING !!! Congrats on this fabulous line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new fabrics Jane! Congratulations on a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete