Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bears


The weather was beautiful, so my daughter and I decided to do some wildlife watching. We drove to Keenesburg, CO where there is a wildlife rehabilitation center. What a wonderful trip. I was especially fascinated by all the bears they have on the 400 acre property. Since the weather was mild, the bears were feeling very playful. It was wonderful to see them engaging in this behavior in a natural setting.
 
 
Of course, I had to do some sketching.
 
 
I got the wonderful chunky mechanical pencil from Aaron Bros. Art and Framing. I really like it, it is great for loose sketches. The sharpener is in the bottom of the pencil.
 
 I decided to do a watercolor study as well. Perhaps it is time for me to do another lodge series, featuring our friends, the Bears!
 
 

1 comment: