Monday, April 23, 2012

Etsy at Last


Well, I have decided to take the plunge and start selling my original art on Etsy. I have only listed two paintings so far, and will add more once I have the whole thing figured out. I'm not the most computer savvy girl in the world, but if people selling collages made from their toenail clippings can figure it out, so can I! Check out my shop:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/98166723/beautiful-watercolor-painting-of-birds

Now, does anyone know how to add an etsy button to my blog? Blogger has changed everything around!
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jane,
    Toenail clippings, that is so funny (and true!). Congrats on joining etsy.
    To get an etsy thing for your blog: when you're logged into your etsy shop, scroll down the left side to the Promote section, and find the Etsy Mini link. That will let you make a little widget thing. You copy and paste the code into your Blog.

    And to do THAT, you go up top in Blogger to Design, then open the Layout link (its on the left, on my screen). You'll see all the template-looking widget bits of your blog. Choose the new Add a Gadget and scroll through until you find the HTML one. Open it, and paste in the etsy code. It will appear at the top of the column of widgets in the layout. Just click and drag it down to where you want it to be in the line up.

    You'll have to have both windows open at the same time, to cut from etsy, then paste into your blog. It sounds hard but it isn't.

    Your art looks great, as always!!

    ReplyDelete