Sunday, October 10, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm back! I just had a wonderful vacation in Austin, staying at my mother's house. When you are tired and stressed, there is nothing so refreshing as a little TLC from mom! We stayed pretty close to home, making short trips to neighboring towns. My favorite was Salado, which is full of little galleries and boutiques in historic buildings. Everywhere had nice fall displays, like this pretty window.


I love Fall, and the weather in Texas turned very mild when I got there, thank goodness! Most of the time when I visit there I just melt! We went to great restaurants, and I visited my niece at UT, which has a lovely campus.


One of the best things was visiting my sister. She has been rather unwell, unfortunately. Do you see the missing "E" from the drug store sign? And see how big it is compared to the people below? Well, one very windy day, that E blew off the wall and frisbeed right into my sister, who was in the parking lot! It crashed right into her leg. She is very bruised and sore, but is gradually healing.
Now I am home and refreshed and ready to get back to my paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment