Friday, August 13, 2010

Colors!


Colors, colors, colors! How I love them. I've been spending so much time designing on the computer lately that it feels so great to get back to painting, drawing, playing with art supplies. I usually use my beloved watercolors, but sometimes it is fun to play with mixed media. I like the chalks that they make for scrapbookers. They can add a nice, soft blush of color.
And look at these lovely new paints that Plaid sent me. I can't wait to play with them. I used to write books for Plaid and like their products, so they still send me boxes of new products to try. It is always so nice to get a surprise package in the mail!
And the best color combinations are found in nature. Complimentary colors like yellow and purple, swallowtails and goldfinches on purple flowers... Later today I'm going to take some more flower photos in some of the display gardens at the University. Sounds like a perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. Jane, how lovely to get a rainbow of color in the mail! I'm a color lover too, and just looking at this post made me happy!

    Have fun!
    Kim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous post about color! ~ Good for you!.., Enjoy my dear!


    Thanks for sharing this delightful, 'rainbow' with us!..,I love color as well!


    ~Please do also come by and enjoy this week's delightful and somewhat 'colorful'; 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'!..,

    ..,Also you are most welcome to join us for our weekly blog tea parties; for my 44th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', my 35th, 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee', as well as for my shared meme with my dear friend Pam for our 16th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; there are many new delights that await you this week!

    ..,We always love having you join us and we thank you very much for also joining us in the past!..,

    *We;(Pam and I both, respectively);we both work full time as self-employed persons and we sincerely apologize when we are unable to get back to you as soon as we would prefer!..,Your blog posts are always so wonderful!

    Have a marvelous week! ~ Hope to see you soon dear lady Jane!


    Cheers and hugs from wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete