Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Tuesday Bonus



One of the benefits of Teacup Tuesday is that I get to play with my camera and try to set up a nice still life with the teacup. Someday some of these pictures might even turn into paintings! Isn't this teacup pretty? It is English, by Roy Kirkham. I got it at the discount store a couple of weeks ago. It is rather too big for tea, actually, but it is good for hot chocolate! I have placed it with some of my seaside souvenirs; a sea urchin from Maine, starfish and sea sponges from Florida....

Here are a few more Kirkham cups. As you can see, I have the mug that matches the teacup. I have a weakness for things with pictures of birds! The tray in the background is from my Aeropostale collection from Evergreen Enterprises.
Thanks again to Artful Affirmations and Martha's Favorites for hosting! Their blog links are on the right side of this page.

7 comments:

  1. Love the bird cups and your still lifes -- adding the sea shells ... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love birds in art. Your cups are very pretty. I love the rose one too, I have one a little like it.
    Thank you for showing us your china today.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there and I just love the birds on that cup and also on the tiles you used as a backdrop, very lovely. What is not improved with the addition of feathered friends?
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful china and your photography is exceptional...
    Have a super week..
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bird teacup ( coffee?) is lovely and i appreciate artistic renditions of birds very much, even more the birds themselves.

    I also very much enjoyed your last post on Brambly Hedge, I am familiar with this author and her books and think they are very under-appreciated.As a pre-school teacher I read them to the children and also enjoyed them at home, myself! It is fun to imagine a Brambly Hedge family in my own woodlands .Nature really cannot be outdone for the very best adornment of home & garden, or our lives~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your bird tray and cup. I am working on a piece of bird art right now. Even on the dreariest of days birds can always lift ones spirit. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi: What beautiful tea cups. I have the teapot to match that rose set. All I am missing is the tea cup! Everything looks so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your treasures with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete